The “Patient Contact” Approved RSP-300 Series
The RPS-300 series have been designed to comply with international medical safety regulations (MOPP level) characterized by having a low leakage current (≦300μA at 264VAC) that is suitable for use in medical equipment in the rigorous “patient contact” approved category.
The 5” x 3” PCB size has dominated the PCB-type power supply market for many years and we offer several of this type for use in the demanding “patient contact” equipment market including a 160 Watt version. To fulfill the requirements for both miniature size and higher wattage output, we now have available the 300 Watt, high power density (14.5 W/in3) RPS-300 series. This provides end-users more choice and flexibility for a growing range of applications.
The RPS-300 series are designed with state-of-the-art LLC topology and synchronized rectifier technology. A built-in active PFC function and 90~264VAC full range input, allow for use world-wide. They are highly efficient (up to 93%) and can provide 200W continuously at up to +50ºC, cooled by only natural (free air) convection (300W with 20.5CFM, or higher, forced air cooling). While the user must provide the fan or blower there is a 12V, 0.5A auxiliary output built-in to provide the power to operate a small fan (See data sheet for optimal placement). The series will actually operate at temperatures up to +70ºC (158°F) with some power derating (see curves on data sheets). RPS-300 is also equipped with a function allowing immunity for a 5 second 300VAC input surge, reducing the risk of damage caused by an unstable AC main.
Standard functions include P.G./ P.F. signal output, built-in remote sense, 12V/0.5A auxiliary output, protection from short circuit, overload, over voltage, and over temperature. With built-in remote ON/OFF control and 5V/1A standby output the series is able to achieve a “no- load power consumption less than 0.5W”, allowing use in “green mode” medical equipment, or electric devices that need to fulfill that energy-saving requirement. RPS-300 series are suitable for medical equipment requiring low leakage current.
RPS-300 Series Features at a Glance:
- Medical safety approved (2 x MOPP between primary to secondary) “patient contact” approved
- 5” x 3” compact size and high power density (14.5W/in3)
- High efficiency (up to 93%)
- Low leakage current of ≦300μA at 264VAC
- Built-in active PFC function, PF>0.95
- 90~264VAC full range input for use world-wide
- Withstand 300VAC input surge for 5 seconds
- Output voltage is adjustable ±10% by simple rheostat
- No-load power consumption < 0.5W allowing use in “green mode” medical equipment
- Built-in 12V/ 0.5A auxiliary output (for fan) and 5V/1A standby output
- Protection: Short circuit / Overload / Over voltage / Over temperature
- Built-in remote sense function and remote ON/OFF control
- Power good and fail (P.G. and P.F.) signal output
- Working temperature from -30ºC ~ +70ºC (-22°F~158°F)
- Certificates: UL / CUL / TUV / CB / CE
- Medical certificates per ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1, TUV EN60601-1, and CE
- EMC standards: Conduction Class B, Radiation Class A
- Comply with RoHS 2011/65/EU and PFOS 2006/122/EC (PerFluoroOctane Sulfonates)
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 3.0 x 1.37 inches (LxWxH) 127 x 76 x 35mm (LxWxH)
- 5 year warranty