All Medical Safety Certified, Single Output Power Supplies (MSP) supplies comply with international medical safety regulations (MOOP level) and meet EMI Class B Level standards. In keeping with these requirements, the entire MSP-450 series features low leakage current (≦300μA at 264VAC), and can be incorporated into medical and diagnostic equipment that require these protective features, as well as exceptional reliability. MSP series power supplies are for ‘non-patient contact’ medical applications. (See the MED RPS Series for "patient contact" approved supplies.)
With 85~264VAC universal AC input the MSP-450 series includes models with outputs from 3.3V~48V and are quite efficient (up to 89.5%). With cooling accomplished by forced convection, from a by built-in DC fan, the MSP-450 series can operate in ambient temperatures from -40ºC ~ +70ºC (see data sheets for derating curves). These units also feature no-load power consumption of less than 0.6W; hence, they can be operated in standby “green mode.” Today many medical equipment and electric devices manufacturers need to meet that energy-saving requirement.
Other standard functions include protection for; short circuit, overload (constant current mode), over voltage, and over temperature, 300VAC input surge immunity for 5 seconds, built-in remote ON/OFF control, built-in remote sense, and DC OK signal output.
MSP-450 series are certified compliant with global medical power supply requirements per UL/ CUL/ CB/ CE. Meeting these standards ensure users’ safety while avoiding harm to the environment.
Suitable applications include medical and diagnostic equipment requiring low leakage current such as lab and analysis equipment, monitoring equipment, MRI & X-ray machines, CT Scanners, chemical or biological detection equipment, as well as any system requiring low leakage current and/or low, no-load, power consumption.
MSP 450 Series Features at a Glance:
- Comply with international medical safety regulations (MOOP level) and EMI Class B level.
- Comply with global certificates per UL/ CUL/ CB/ CE medical safety regulations
- 1U low profile: 41mm
- Low leakage current, less than 300μA/264VAC
- No load power consumption, less than 0.6W
- Universal AC input 85~264V
- Built-in active PFC function, PF>0.95
- Withstands 300VAC surge for 5 seconds
- High efficiency (up to 89.5%)
- Protection: Short circuit / Overload / Over voltage / Over temperature
- Built-in constant current limiting circuit
- Built-in remote sense function
- DC OK signal
- Output voltage is adjustable ±10% by simple rheostat at the end of the terminal strip
- Long life DC fan with ON/OFF control
- Built-in remote ON/OFF control & 5V/0.3A standby output
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 218 x 105 x 41mm (8.58 x 4.13 x 1.61 inches)
- RoHS Compliant
- 5 year warranty