RSP-2400 Series with parallel and PFC functions
We are delighted to introduce the RSP-2400 Series – 2,400 watt single output, enclosed type, switching power supplies with power factor correction (PFC) and parallel functions. Originally released in 2009, RSP-2400 has been updated to comply with the latest safety standards and, with state-of-the-art circuit design, does more than ever, better than ever.
Primarily for use in 220V AC applications RSP-2400 has an AC input range of 180~264V and AC input active surge current limiting. Quick (±10%) fine-tuning of output voltage can be done by easy to reach rheostat on terminal face plate. There is also a "wide range trimming function" that allows output voltage to be adjusted from 20% to 110% of the rated voltage by adding 1~5.5V of external control voltage. This provides engineers a great deal of flexibility with system design.
RSP-2400 also has implemented a digital control technique that uses a microprocessor to deal with power management. This significantly increases the flexibility of PSU control while simultaneously reducing part count. In addition to the standard functions of remote sense, remote ON/OFF control, 12V/0.1A auxiliary output, and alarm signal output (both relay and TTL signal types), RSP-2400 series uses “constant current limiting plus delay shutdown” for overload protection. This enables the unit to power capacitive/inductive loads and still provide full protection for the users’ systems. (If you need a continuous constant current for charging purposes, adjustments can be made at the jumper and the “shut-down” mechanism can be cancelled.)
Having an advanced circuit design the RSP-2400 series are highly efficient (up to 91%) costing less to operate and can provide 2,400 Watts continuously in ambient temperatures up to 50°C (122ºF), or operate up to 70°C (158°F) with some power derating (see data sheets for curves). The high power density and 1U low profile will save precious space in final equipment packaging.
The Parallel function allows current sharing between up to three RSP-2400s. (Output current in parallel operation = (the rated current per model) x (number of units) x 0.9)
Applications include front-end power systems, factory automation and control, industrial and military instrumentation, moving sign, telecom/datacom/signal, laser-carving machines, IC testing equipment, LCD panel burn-in systems and battery charging.
RSP-2400 Series Features at a Glance:
- AC input range 180~264V with AC input active surge current limiting
- High efficiency (up to 91%) with high power density of 12.5 W/in3
- Active PFC function (PF>0.95)
- Protections: Short circuit / Overload / Over voltage / Over temperature / Fan Alarm
- 12V/0.1A auxiliary output for remote control
- Remote ON-OFF control
- Remote sense function
- Alarm signal output (both relay contact and TTL signal types)
- Current Sharing – up to 3 units
- Output voltage is adjustable ±10% by simple rheostat on the terminal face plate
- Output Voltage can be trimmed between 20-110% of the rated output by adding 1~5.5V of external control voltage
- Forced air cooling with DC fan that has speed control
- Safety Standards: UL60950-1, TUV EN60950-1
- Certificates: UL / CUL / TUV / CE / CB
- Dimensions: 278L X 177.8H X 63.5mmD (10.9“Lx7.0“Wx2.5“H)
- RoHS Compliant
- 5 year warranty