RSP-3000 Power Supply Series - BRUTE POWER!
The RSP-3000 Series are efficient 3,000 Watt, enclosed type, switching power supplies with an active power factor correction (PFC) function and are capable of parallel operation. This series are primarily to satisfy the growing demand for high wattage power supplies in industrial and military applications but with a very compact size, uses vary widely. With 15.6 W/in3 of extremely high power density, RSP-3000 can provide full output power in ambient temperatures up to 50ºC. Quick (±10%) fine-tuning of output voltage can be done by easy to reach rheostat on terminal face plate. There is also a "wide range trimming function" that allows output voltage to be adjusted from 20% to 110% of the rated voltage by adding 1~5.5V of external control voltage or resistors. This provides engineers a great deal of flexibility with system design.
RSP-3000 also implemented a digital control technique that uses a microprocessor to deal with power management. This significantly increases the flexibility of PSU control and simultaneously reduces the part count. In addition to the standard functions of remote sense, remote ON/OFF control, 12V/0.1A auxiliary output, and alarm signal output (both relay and TTL signal types), RSP-3000 series uses “constant current limiting plus delay shutdown” as the overload protection which enable the unit to power capacitive/inductive loads and still provide full protection for the users’ system. (If you need a continuous constant current for charging purposes, just select through the jumper and the “shut-down” mechanism can be cancelled.)
RSP-3000 12V Data Sheet (.pdf)
RSP-3000 24V Data SheetSheet (.pdf)
RSP-3000 48V Data SheetSheet (.pdf)
Having a state-of-the-art circuit design the RSP-3000 series are highly efficient (up to 90%) costing less to operate and can provide 3,000W continuously in ambient temperatures up to 50°C (122ºF), or operate up to 70°C (158°F) with some power derating. The high power density and 1U low profile saves precious space in equipment packaging.
Need to go Big? The Parallel function allows current sharing between up to three RSP-3000s. (Output current in parallel operation = (the rated current per model) x (number of units) x 0.9) That can be well over 6 kilowatts.
Applications include front-end power system, factory automation, industrial instrumentation, moving sign, telecom/datacom/signals, laser-carving machines, IC testing equipment, LCD panel burn-in system and battery charging and a host of other industrial and military applications.
RSP-3000 Series Features at a Glance:
- Universal AC Input with active surge current limiting
- Highly Efficient - up to 90%
- Active PFC function (PF>0.95)
- Protections: Short circuit / Overload / Over voltage / Over temperature / Fan Alarm
- 12V/0.1A auxiliary output for remote control
- Remote ON-OFF control
- Remote sense function
- Alarm signal output (both relay contact and TTL signal types)
- Current Sharing – up to 3 units
- Output voltage is adjustable ±10% by simple rheostat on the terminal face plate
- Output Voltage can be trimmed between 20-110% of the rated output
- Forced air cooling with DC fan that has speed control
- Safety Standards: UL60950-1, TUV EN60950-1
- Certificates: UL / CUL / TUV / CE / CB
- Dimensions: 278L X 177.8H X 63.5mmD (10.9“Lx7.0“Wx2.5“H)
- RoHS Compliant
- 5 year warranty