ElectraCOOL™ TCP100™ Thermoelectric Cold-Plate
The TCP100™ Cold-Plate has a simple, elegant design with outstanding cooling capacity for its size. It's easy to use, reliable and environmentally friendly.
High performance components and a well engineered package provide 100 watts of cooling capacity in a compact 4 x 8 inch footprint. Rubber feet minimize fan vibration.
TCP100 may be used for either cooling or warming. In an ambient temperature of 68 ºF (20 ºC) the surface can reach the freezing point in less than 10 minutes and has a low temperature of 21 ºF (-6 ºC). Alternatively, the surface can safely be used for warming up to 175 ºF (75 ºC).
TCP100 is used in a wide variety of laboratory, calibration, test - quality control, electro-optic/laser, research and packaging applications. Typical medical/biomedical applications include sample temperature stabilization or cooling, tissue preparation, histology, cold & hot dry wells, pain/nerve research and field/lab work with insects, particularly for investigating mosquitoes for West Nile virus.
TCP100 has two sets of thermoelectric devices sharing a common cold-plate. Depending on your requirements, TCP100 can be wired for 12 volt operation, by connecting matching leads in parallel, or for 24 volt operation by connecting the appropriate leads in series.
For applications that require temperature control, the TCP-100 can be connected to a temperature controller, like the basic 12V Z31-A or the 24V TLK38-S with PID control, an auto-tuning function and a second available set-point.
While typically used on a laboratory or work table, the TCP100 may be mounted in any orientation. Many customers have used multiple units to "sandwich" (or surround) an item requiring cooling from two or more sides such as a liquid heatsink. It’s also common to use multiple units to increase surface area.
The cold-plate can be customized or fabricated for customer specific applications such as mounting sensors or optics packages. The plate is 6063 aluminum with a black anodized finish. Contact us for a machining quotation if you need ten or more customized TCP100s.
If you need a smaller cold-plate, see our 4 x 4" TCP50.
- Operating Temperature Range = 21 ºF (-6 ºC) to 175 ºF (75 ºC)
- Cooling Capacity = 100 watts with 68 ºF (20 °C) ambient air and no load
- Heating Capacity = 160 watts
- Cooling Fans = Brushless, Nominal 12 or 24V D.C.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 8 1/8 x 4 x 4 1/8 inches (205 x 100 x 105mm)
- 4 lbs. 8 oz. (2.041 kilograms)
- Made in the United States
- Highly reliable with maintenance limited to fan replacement
- Attractive and functional design
- Easily adaptable to your needs
- Quick and easy installation
- Immune to vibration
- Reversible (cools or heats)
- Precise temperature control available
- Operation in any orientation
- Compact size with small footprint
- Very quiet with the only sound coming from the fans
- Environmentally Friendly (No gases or refrigerant lines - no CFCs - no leaks)
- RoHS Compliant
- Tested and calibrated to your set-point (other than +4 °C). This service is free - please allow 2-3 business days.
- "L" Brackets for mounting the TCP100 cold-plate in any orientation or flush mounting in a table - $6
- Power supply mounting hardware. Clean up your working area! We’ll ship the power supply ready to be mounted in any orientation with four brackets - $6
For assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603.888.2467
FREE shipping in USA
When you purchase an ElectraCOOL™ Cold-Plate Set, we've taken care of setting things up. Available in easy to operate 12V or precise 24V configurations, simply plug-in and your cold-plate is ready work. The default surface temperature is 4 °C (39 °F) however, we are happy to program and calibrate to a different set-point. Please advise and allow 2-3 days for modifications and test.
After set-up is complete most customers place the power supply and controller off the bench. The length of the wiring is 36” (90 cm) from the cold-plate to the supply.
12V TCP100™ Cold-Plate Set
FREE shipping in USA
The 12 volt TCP100™ Set is easy to program and operate. Accurate to ± 1.0 °C, each 12-volt set includes a TCP100 cold-plate and one of each of the following:
24V TCP100™ Cold-Plate Set
FREE shipping in USA
The 24V TCP100™ Set holds temperatures very closely with the TLK38-S temperature controller using PID control with auto-tuning. Accurate to ± 0.5 °C. Each 24-volt set includes a TCP100 cold-plate and one of each of the following:
- TLK38-S Temperature Controller
TLK38-S USER'S Manual (.pdf)
TLK38-S wiring instructions (cool or heat)
- PS RSP320W-24V Power Supply
Quantity and international buyers please contact us for a quotation, or to place your order: email@example.com or (603) 888-2467.
Exports are generally shipped FedEx collect.
USPS International Express and Priority Mail available Pre-Paid.