TCP100 Thermoelectric Cold-Plate
The TCP-100 Cold-Plate has a simple, elegant design with outstanding cooling capacity for its size. It's easy to use, reliable and environmentally friendly.
High performance components and a well engineered package provide 100 watts of cooling capacity in a compact 4 x 8 inch footprint. Rubber feet minimize fan vibration.
TCP-100 may be used for either cooling or warming. In an ambient temperature of 68 ºF (20 ºC) the surface will reach the freezing point in less than 10 minutes. Alternatively, the surface can safely be heated to 175 ºF (75 ºC).
TCP-100 is used in a wide variety of laboratory, calibration, test - quality control, electro-optic/laser, research and packaging applications. Typical medical/biomedical applications include sample cooling or temperature stabilization, tissue preparation, histology, cold & hot dry wells, pain/nerve research and freezing insects in the field for later analysis.
TCP100 has two sets of thermoelectric devices sharing a common cold-plate. Depending on your requirements, TCP-100 can be wired for 12 volt operation, by connecting matching leads in parallel, or for 24 volt operation by connecting the appropriate leads in series.
For applications that require temperature control, the TCP-100 can be connected to a temperature controller, like the basic 12V TLZ10 or the 24V TLK38 with PID and a second set-point.
While typically used on a laboratory or work table, the TCP-100 may be mounted in any orientation. Many customers have used multiple units to "sandwich" (or surround) an item requiring cooling from two or more sides such as a liquid heatsink. It’s also common to use multiple units to increase surface area.
The cold-plate can be customized or fabricated for customer specific applications such as mounting sensors or optics packages. The plate is 6063 aluminum with a black anodized finish. Contact us for a machining quotation if you need ten or more TCP-100s.
If you need a smaller cold-plate, see our 4 x 4" TCP50.
- Operating Temperature Range = 14ºF (-10ºC) to 175ºF (75ºC)
- Cooling Capacity = 100 watts with 68ºF (20°C) ambient air and no load
- Heating Capacity = 160 watts
- Cooling Fans = Brushless, Nominal 12 or 24V D.C.
(Waterproof fans (IP55) available $75 for two))
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 8 1/8 x 4 x 4 1/8 inches (205 x 100 x 105mm)
- 4 lbs. 8 oz. (2.041 kilograms)
12 Volt Version
- Voltage Nominal = 12V D.C.
- Voltage Max = 15V D.C.
- Current at 12V D.C. = 14 amperes (with standard fans)
- Control Accuracy = + 0.3 °F with TLZ10-12V
24 Volt Version
- Voltage Nominal = 24V D.C.
- Voltage Max = 26V D.C.
- Current at 24V D.C. = 7 amperes (with standard fans)
- Control Accuracy = + 0.1 °F with TLK38-24V
- Highly reliable with maintenance limited to fan replacement
- Attractive and functional design
- Easily adaptable to your needs
- Quick and easy installation
- Immune to vibration
- Reversible (cools or heats)
- Precise temperature control available
- Operation in any orientation
- Compact size with small footprint
- Very quiet with the only sound coming from the fans
- Environmentally Friendly (No gases or refigerant lines - no CFCs - no leaks)
- RoHS Compliant
- Pre-wired to Your Set-point $25
- High Speed Fans $50
- Two Waterproof (IP55) Fans $75
- "L" Brackets For Mounting In Any Orientation Or Flush Mounting In A Table $6
TCP100 Cold-Plate $295
TCP-100 can be wired for 12 volt operation by connecting matching leads in parallel, or for 24 volt operation by connecting the appropriate leads in series.
12V TCP100 Set $595.95
The 12 volt TCP100 cold-plate set is easy to setup with a single set-point controller. Accurate to ± 1 °C. Each 12-volt set includes a TCP100 cold-plate and one of each of the following:
24V TCP100 Set $595.95
The 24V TCP100 cold-plate holds temperatures very closely with the TLK38 (PID capable) controller. With two possible set-points, the controller is more complicated to program than the 12V TLZ10. Accurate to ± 0.5 °C. Each 24-volt set includes a TCP100 cold-plate and one of each of the following
Corporate buyers please call us to place your order 1-866-665-5434.
Single Set-Point TLZ10
Dual Set-Point TLK-38