TCP50 Thermoelectric Cold-Plate
Our popular TCP50 Cold-Plate has a four inch (100mm) square surface and takes less than 10 minutes to reach the freezing point, in a 70 °F ambient.
It's a compact, easy to use, reliable and affordable. With no refrigerants or gases, it's environmentally friendly.
TCP50 may be used for either cooling or warming. In an ambient temperature of 68 ºF (20 ºC), and no active load, the surface temperature will drop to about 5 degrees below freezing. Alternatively, the surface can safely be heated to 175 ºF (75 ºC).
For applications that require precise temperature control the TCP50 can be connected to a temperature controller, like the TLZ10.
TCP50 is used in a wide variety of laboratory, calibration, test - quality control, electro-optic/laser and research applications. Typical medical/biomedical applications include sample cooling or temperature stabilization, tissue preparation, histology, cold & hot dry wells and pain/nerve research.
While typically used on a laboratory or work table the TCP50 may be mounted in any orientation. Many customers have used multiple units to "sandwich" (or surround) an item requiring cooling from two or more sides such as a liquid heatsink or cylinder.
The cold-plate can be customized or fabricated for customer specific applications such as mounting sensors or optics packages. The plate is 6063 aluminum with a black anodized finish. Contact us for a machining quotation if you need ten or more TCP50s.
If you need a larger surface area see our 4 x 8" TCP100.
- Operating Temperature Range = 14ºF (-10ºC) to 175ºF (75ºC)
- Cooling Capacity = 50 watts with 68ºF (20°C) ambient air and no load
- Heating Capacity = 80 watts with 68ºF (20°C) ambient air
- Voltage Nominal = 12V D.C.
- Voltage Max = 15V D.C.
- Current at 12V D.C. = 6.8 amperes (with standard fan)
- Control Accuracy = + 0.1 °F or °C (with TLZ10 or suitable controller
- Cooling Fan = Brushless, Nominal 12 V D.C. (Waterproof fan available $40)
- Dimensions: 4” x 4” x 3 3/4” (100 x 100 x 95mm)
- Weight: 1 lbs. 15 oz. (0.9Kg.)
- Highly Reliable (Maintenance limited to fan repair or replacement)
- Attractive and functional design
- Easily adaptable to your needs
- Quick and easy installation
- Immune to vibration
- Reversible (cools or heats)
- Precise Temperature Control Available
- Operation in any Orientation
- Reasonably Compact Size with Small Footprint
- Very quiet with the only sound coming from the fan
- Environmentally Friendly (No gases or refigerant lines - no CFCs - no leaks)
- RoHS Compliant
TCP50 Cold-Plate $174.95
Next Available July 12th, 2017
TCP50 Cold-Plate Set $399.95
Next Available July 12th, 2017
The TCP50 cold-plate set includes everything you need to get up and running. Each set include a TCP50 cold-plate and one of each of the following:
Quantity buyers please call us to place your order 1-866-665-5434.
Single Set-Point TLZ10
- Web Page Instructions for Wiring the TLZ10 to our Cold Plates
- Download a .pdf Copy of the Instructions for Wiring the TLZ10 to our Cold Plates
- Picture of Layman's Wiring Schematic for TLZ10 to TCP50 (.jpeg)
- Pre-wired to Your Set-point $25
- High Speed Fan $25
- Waterproof (IP55) Fan $40
- "L" Brackets For Mounting In Any Orientation Or Flush Mounting In A Table $6